[R] Asking about R "Security" ..

Wed May 17 11:11:04 CEST 2023

    > В Tue, 16 May 2023 13:47:19 +0000
    > "MAJID, Ayesha \(NHS ENGLAND - X26\) via R-help" <r-help using r-project.org>

[ ............. ]
[ ............. ]
[ .. helpful & useful answers / pointers to public information .. ]
[ ............. ]
[ ............. ]

    > (Did you mean to ask these questions at the public mailing list open
    > for J. Random Hackers like me to answer?)

    > --
    > Best regards,
    > Ivan

Actually, people typically ask "the R Foundation" or even
individual RF / R-core members such as me about this ...

... as if we were a company with staff to answer such questions;
but we (volunteering individuals) really do *not* have the time
resources for that,
and consequently, also in my function---shared with another few
individuals---as gatekeeper to the R foundation / R core / R webmaster
e-mail addresses, I typically deflect such questions to the
public web sites *and* public e-mail lists.

The big advantage of this approach is that at least the answers
are findable by web searches in the future, and so, hopefully
have to be answered less frequently by volunteers as you, Ivan,
for whom we are really very grateful.

Martin