[R] Asking about R "Security" ..

Chris Evans chr|@ho|d @end|ng |rom p@yctc@org
Wed May 17 11:49:31 CEST 2023

Fortune nomination (if trimmed a little) ... thanks to Martin, Ivan and
so many others who never cease to teach me things here!

(As an ex-NHS person who has used R for countless centuries, slowly less
awfully courtesy of this list and other angeles, I contacted Ms Majid
off list to see if I can help!)

Chris

On 17/05/2023 11:11, Martin Maechler wrote:
>      > В Tue, 16 May 2023 13:47:19 +0000
>      > "MAJID, Ayesha \(NHS ENGLAND - X26\) via R-help"<r-help using r-project.org>
>
> [ ............. ]
> [ ............. ]
> [ .. helpful & useful answers / pointers to public information .. ]
> [ ............. ]
> [ ............. ]
>
>      > (Did you mean to ask these questions at the public mailing list open
>      > for J. Random Hackers like me to answer?)
>
>      > --
>      > Best regards,
>      > Ivan
>
> Actually, people typically ask "the R Foundation" or even
> individual RF / R-core members such as me about this ...
>
> ... as if we were a company with staff to answer such questions;
> but we (volunteering individuals) really do *not* have the time
> resources for that,
> and consequently, also in my function---shared with another few
> individuals---as gatekeeper to the R foundation / R core / R webmaster
> e-mail addresses, I typically deflect such questions to the
> public web sites *and* public e-mail lists.
>
> The big advantage of this approach is that at least the answers
> are findable by web searches in the future, and so, hopefully
> have to be answered less frequently by volunteers as you, Ivan,
> for whom we are really very grateful.
>
> Martin

Chris Evans (he/him)
Visiting Professor, UDLA, Quito, Ecuador & Honorary Professor,
University of Roehampton, London, UK.
Work web site: https://www.psyctc.org/psyctc/
CORE site: http://www.coresystemtrust.org.uk/
Personal site: https://www.psyctc.org/pelerinage2016/