[R] Is it possible to get a downward pointing solid triangle plotting symbol in R?

Jan van der Laan rhe|p @end|ng |rom eoo@@dd@@n|
Fri Oct 6 15:23:02 CEST 2023

Another thing that I considered, but doesn't seem to be supported, is
rotating the symbols. I noticed that that does work with text. So you
could use a arrow symbol and then specify the angle aesthetic. But this
still relies on text and unfortunately there are no arrowlike symbols in
ASCII: except perhaps 'V'.

I can't say how the support for non-ascii text is over different OS-es
and localities.
https://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/r-release/R-exts.html#Encoding-issues
gives some 'hints'