[R] olsrr and substitute lm -> lmRob

Ashim Kapoor @@h|mk@poor @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue Oct 10 09:00:01 CEST 2023

Dear all,

I wish to use backward selection from the package olsrr.
?ols_step_backward_p
This gives me a model of class lm.
I wish to then run lmRob from the robust package on the SAME variables
ie I want to substitute lm -> lmRob in the function call which created
the lm model.

Here is a reprex:
library(olsrr)
library(robust)

myformula <- lm(mpg~.,data = mtcars)

# This is how I do backward selection.

chosen.model = ols_step_backward_p(myformula,details=F)

# Chosen model

chosen.model$model

# Not sure if this is the correct thing to do

lmRob(chosen.model$model)

My query is : is the above correct ? Do I need to do some meta
programming and substitute lm with lmRob ?
I am not sure how I would do that in this context using the
?substitute function perhaps ?

Many thanks,
Ashim