[R] Linear discriminant analysis

Fernando Archuby |@rchuby @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu Oct 12 16:25:11 CEST 2023

Hi.
I have successfully performed the discriminant analysis with the lda
function, I can classify new individuals with the predict function, but I
cannot figure out how the lda results translate into the classification
decision. That is, I don't realize how the classification equation for new
individuals is constructed from the lda output. I want to understand it but
also, I need to communicate it and provide a mechanism for other colleagues
to make classifications with their data.
Thank you very much,
Fernando

--

*Dr. Fernando M. Archuby*