[R] Problem with compatible library versions

Sabine Braun @@b|ne@br@un @end|ng |rom |@p@ch
Fri Oct 13 16:54:21 CEST 2023

Thank you very much :-)), this worked! Now the loaded libraries are
compatible with each other.

Best regards

Sabine Braun

Am 11.10.2023 um 14:08 schrieb Richard O'Keefe:
> There is a fairly straightforward way to load older versions
> of packages, and that is to use the 'groundhog' package.
> As the first sentence of https://groundhogr.com/ puts it:
>    Make your R scripts reproducible by replacing library(pkg)
>    with groundhog.library(pkg, date).
>
> pkg can be a vector of package names or a single name.
>
> On Wed, 11 Oct 2023 at 20:58, Uwe Ligges
> <ligges using statistik.tu-dortmund.de> wrote:
> >

> > On 10.10.2023 17:34, Sabine Braun wrote:
> > > On the github website I have reported several bugs with new
> versions of
> > > the tidyverse group (probably dplyr) which prevent me from using R
> > > normally. I wanted to go back to older versions but this seems not
> bo be
> > > easy. I downloaded R 4.1.2. and Rtools 40 but the library versions
> >
> > So this is on Windows.
> >
> > Actually, if you install R-4.1.2 and use a clean library and install
> > binaries, then you should get binary installation from CRAN that fit to
> > the R-4.1.x series.
> >
> > If you want to install older package versions, then you have to install
> > these one by one from sources, unfortunately.
> >
> > Best,
> > Uwe Ligges
> >

> > > installed are still the newest ones. I was able to install dplyr
> 1.0.7.
> > > manually but there are error messages on incompatibility when loading
> > > this version. Is there a possibility to load older library versions
> > > which alre compatible ?
> > >
> > > Thank you very much!
> > >
> > > Best regards
> > >
> > > Sabine Braun

> <http://www.R-project.org/posting-guide.html>

Dr. Sabine Braun
Leitung

www.iap.ch <https://www.iap.ch/>

Institut für Angewandte Pflanzenbiologie (IAP) AG
Benkenstrasse 254a
CH-4108 Witterswil
++41 (0)61 485 50 71
++41 (0)79 696 69 85