[R] Network issue

Ivan Krylov |kry|ov @end|ng |rom d|@root@org
Wed Feb 21 11:37:32 CET 2024

В Wed, 21 Feb 2024 06:09:51 +0000
James Powell <James.Powell using hse.ie> пишет:

> This was working fine until yesterday when I had error messages
> trying to install some packages. See enclosed “S2” for example. It
> looks like it is trying to download a file as part of the
> installation, but of course can’t.

Since you're on Windows and running R-4.3, it should be easier to
download and install the binary package,
https://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/contrib/4.3/s2_1.1.6.zip.

Installing this package from source involves downloading a few binaries
anyway. You could try unpacking the source package, downloading OpenSSL
1.1.1k binaries from https://github.com/rwinlib/openssl/tree/v1.1.1k
into a new subdirectory called windows/ in the package root, just like
the https://github.com/r-spatial/s2/blob/main/tools/winlibs.R script
tries to do during the installation, then installing the resulting
directory as if it was a source package.

--
Best regards,
Ivan