[R] Network issue

James Powell J@me@@Powe|| @end|ng |rom h@e@|e
Wed Feb 21 11:40:56 CET 2024

Hi Ivan,
Thanks very much for your response, I'll definitely give that a go. Best wishes, James

-----Original Message-----
From: Ivan Krylov <ikrylov using disroot.org>
Sent: Wednesday 21 February 2024 10:38
To: James Powell <James.Powell using hse.ie>
Cc: r-help using r-project.org
Subject: Re: [R] Network issue

CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the organisation. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognise the sender and know the content is safe.

В Wed, 21 Feb 2024 06:09:51 +0000

Since you're on Windows and running R-4.3, it should be easier to download and install the binary package, https://scanner.topsec.com/?d=2120&r=show&u=https%3A%2F%2Fcran.r-project.org%2Fbin%2Fwindows%2Fcontrib%2F4.3%2Fs2_1.1.6.zip&t=40c0076a9193368805cc3e637e09c680a3e72586.

Installing this package from source involves downloading a few binaries anyway. You could try unpacking the source package, downloading OpenSSL 1.1.1k binaries from https://scanner.topsec.com/?d=2120&r=show&u=https%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Frwinlib%2Fopenssl%2Ftree%2Fv1.1.1k&t=10f7c80b5f4e5dcf0d0f3bd203a067fec29f43a4
into a new subdirectory called windows/ in the package root, just like the https://scanner.topsec.com/?d=2120&r=show&u=https%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Fr-spatial%2Fs2%2Fblob%2Fmain%2Ftools%2Fwinlibs.R&t=fd500ed04f0fa1a24bbd7e7e50df6aa7f4bb654c script tries to do during the installation, then installing the resulting directory as if it was a source package.

--
Best regards,
Ivan

Need information and advice on COVID-19? Go to www.hse.ie/coronavirus<https://www.hse.ie/coronavirus>

"Tá an fhaisnéis sa ríomhphost seo (ceangaltáin san áireamh) faoi rún. Baineann sé leis an té ar seoladh chuige amháin agus tá sé ar intinn go bhfaighfidh siadsan amháin é agus gurb iadsan amháin a dhéanfaidh breithniú air. Más rud é nach tusa an duine ar leis é, tá cosc iomlán ar aon fhaisnéis atá ann, a úsáid, a chraobhscaoileadh, a scaipeadh, a nochtadh, a fhoilsiú, ná a chóipeáil . Seains gurb iad tuairimí pearsanta an údar atá san ríomhphost agus nach tuairimí FSS iad.

Má fuair tú an ríomhphost seo trí dhearmad, bheadh muid buíoch dá gcuirfeá in iúil don Deasc Seirbhísí ECT ar an nguthán ag +353 818 300300<tel:%2B353%20818%20300300> nó ar an ríomhphost chuig service.desk using hse.ie<mailto:service.desk using hse.ie> agus ansin glan an ríomhphost seo ded' chóras."

"Information in this email (including attachments) is confidential. It is intended for receipt and consideration only by the intended recipient. If you are not an addressee or intended recipient, any use, dissemination, distribution, disclosure, publication or copying of information contained in this email is strictly prohibited. Opinions expressed in this email may be personal to the author and are not necessarily the opinions of the HSE.

If this email has been received by you in error we would be grateful if you could immediately notify the ICT Service Desk by telephone at +353 818 300300<tel:%2B353%20818%20300300> or by email to service.desk using hse.ie<mailto:service.desk using hse.ie> and thereafter delete this e-mail from your system"