[R] Network issue

James Powell J@me@@Powe|| @end|ng |rom h@e@|e
Wed Feb 21 13:41:33 CET 2024

Hi Stephen,
Thanks again for getting back to me, Ivan Krylov responded also and suggested windows binaries and I must confess I was only familiar with installing from files via the package sources (apart from the conventional install.packages method), so the solution was as simple as installing via the binaries. Thanks again, best wishes, James

From: stephen sefick <ssefick using gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday 21 February 2024 12:25
To: James Powell <James.Powell using hse.ie>
Cc: r-help using r-project.org
Subject: Re: [R] Network issue

CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the organisation. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognise the sender and know the content is safe.

My suggestion is probably overkill. Sorry about that. I don't know much about windows.

Have you tried posit package manager? Maybe that is not blocked? I think windows binaries are installable from there?

A workaround, that I don't think I would suggest, might be RSelinium to automate the download process since it seems you have web access?

Best of luck!
Kindest regards,

Stephen Sefick