[R] Truncated plots

Ebert,Timothy Aaron tebert @end|ng |rom u||@edu
Tue Jan 9 18:35:27 CET 2024

It would help to have reproducible code. Use dummy data for confidentiality (if you care about that).
My guess is that you set margins somewhere and never returned them to a default value. The first thing I would try is to open a new window in RStudio, copy the smallest piece of code that will give you the graph you want. Clear out the Environment using the broom icon, and then run your code. This makes sure that your results are only from your current code and not getting mixed up with stuff you ran last week/month. This might solve the problem, or it can be what you post as an example to get further help.

There is an RStudio help forum that might also help.

Tim

-----Original Message-----
From: R-help <r-help-bounces using r-project.org> On Behalf Of Nick Wray
Sent: Tuesday, January 9, 2024 11:43 AM
To: r-help using r-project.org
Subject: [R] Truncated plots

[External Email]

Hello As a postgrad I have been helping an undergraduate student with R coding but she has a problem with R studio on her laptop which I can't fix
- basically when she runs a plot it appears without a y axis label with the black line plot frame hard against the plot window and the bottom of the plot, where you would expect to see the horizontal axis and the x axis label etc is completely "chopped off" by the bottom edge of the R studio interface window.  I can't find anything on the net detailing this problem
- can anyone help?  I have a screenshot which could email if anyone needs to see what it looks like.

Thanks Nick Wray

        [[alternative HTML version deleted]]