[R] Truncated plots

@vi@e@gross m@iii@g oii gm@ii@com @vi@e@gross m@iii@g oii gm@ii@com
Tue Jan 9 21:09:21 CET 2024

Nick, obviously figuring out the problem is best but you may want to deal
with the symptom.

RSTUDIO lets you adjust the sizes of the various windows and enlarging the
window (lower right normally) where the graph is shown may be a first
attempt if the problem is display space.

And note RSTUDIO in that window lets you zoom a pop-out window with the
graph. It also lets you save the graph into files with various formats.

And, as someone else pointed out, you can change the program to choose a
device to save the output in.

Of course, if the real problem is in some aspect of the setup that causes
the clipping, that has to be looked at.

If the problem is in RSTUDIO, not just R, this is not the right forum to
deal with it.

Avi

-----Original Message-----
From: R-help <r-help-bounces using r-project.org> On Behalf Of Nick Wray
Sent: Tuesday, January 9, 2024 11:43 AM
To: r-help using r-project.org
Subject: [R] Truncated plots

Hello As a postgrad I have been helping an undergraduate student with R
coding but she has a problem with R studio on her laptop which I can't fix
- basically when she runs a plot it appears without a y axis label with the
black line plot frame hard against the plot window and the bottom of the
plot, where you would expect to see the horizontal axis and the x axis
label etc is completely "chopped off" by the bottom edge of the R studio
interface window.  I can't find anything on the net detailing this problem
- can anyone help?  I have a screenshot which could email if anyone needs
to see what it looks like.

Thanks Nick Wray

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]