[R] Is there any design based two proportions z test?

Md. Kamruzzaman mkz@m@n@m @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed Jan 17 04:21:12 CET 2024

Hello Everyone,
I was analysing big survey data using survey packages on RStudio. Survey
package allows survey data analysis with the design effect.The survey
package included functions for all other statistical analysis except
two-proportion z tests.

I was trying to calculate the difference in prevalence of Diabetes and
Prediabetes between the year 2011 and 2017 (with 95%CI). I was able to
calculate the weighted prevalence of diabetes and prediabetes in the Year
2011 and 2017 and just subtracted the prevalence of 2011 from the
prevalence of 2017 to get the difference in prevalence. But I could not
calculate the 95%CI of the difference in prevalence considering the weight
of the survey data.

I was also trying to see if this difference in prevalence is statistically
significant. I could do it using the simple two-proportion z test without
considering the weight of the sample. But I want to do it considering the
weight of the sample.

Example: Prevalence of Diabetes:
                                                     2011: 11.0 (95%CI
10.1-11.9)
                                                     2017: 10.1 (95%CI
9.4-10.9)
                                                     Diff: 0.9% (95%CI: ??)
                                                     Proportion Z test P
Value: ??
Your cooperation will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

With Regards

*Md Kamruzzaman*

*PhD **Research Fellow (**Medicine**)*
Discipline of Medicine and Centre of Research Excellence in Translating
Nutritional Science to Good Health
Adelaide Medical School | Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences
The University of Adelaide
Adelaide SA 5005

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]