[R] Is there any design based two proportions z test?

John Fox j|ox @end|ng |rom mcm@@ter@c@
Wed Jan 17 15:14:39 CET 2024

Dear Md Kamruzzaman,

To answer your second question first, you could just use the svychisq()
function. The difference-of-proportion test is equivalent to a chisquare
test for the 2-by-2 table.

You don't say how you computed the confidence intervals for the two
separate proportions, but if you have their standard errors (and if not,
you should be able to infer them from the confidence intervals) you can
compute the variance of the difference as the sum of the variances
(squared standard errors), because the two proportions are independent,
and from that the confidence interval for their difference.

I hope this helps,
John
--
John Fox, Professor Emeritus