[R] Use of geometric mean .. in good data analysis

John jwd @end|ng |rom @urewe@t@net
Wed Jan 24 01:22:40 CET 2024

I've advised people consulting me that if their data is loaded with
zeros, while they are absolutely certain that something should be where
the zeros are, then they either need a better measuring tool, or to
carefully document the results of limits on detectability and then note
what fraction of the data is really below instrument limits.  It's
important information as it stands, but they don't want to go writing
fairy tales based on things not seen.