[BioC] affy image function

Stephen Henderson s.henderson@ucl.ac.uk
Thu, 12 Dec 2002 11:08:23 -0000

Thanks that works just dandy!
-----Original Message-----
From: Laurent Gautier
To: Stephen Henderson
Cc: 'rafa@jhu.edu'; 'bioconductor@stat.math.ethz.ch'
Sent: 12/12/02 03:48
Subject: Re: [BioC] affy image function

On Wed, Dec 11, 2002 at 12:22:08PM -0000, Stephen Henderson wrote:
> Yes I mean that when I use the image methods of the affybatch Class. I
get a
> series of images separated by a carriage return. I don't understand
the
> inner workings of this method which appears different from the image
method
> in the base package (which also appears to accept different
arguments).

As you point it out, 'image' is a method. The package 'base' defines it
for
matrices, and in 'affy' it is defined for AffyBatch and Cel.
An AffyBatch bundles several Cel (hence several images).

The man pages are not perfect for the arguments. We will work on that.

> So how do I use par to create a single image of say 6 chips in one
frame?

par(mfrow=c(2,3))
( probably somewhere in 'help(par)' )

Hopin' it helps,

Laurent

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential an ... [[dropped]]