[BioC] limma and spottypes

Simon Melov smelov at buckinstitute.org
Mon Dec 22 02:57:11 MET 2003

Hi,
I'm trying to plot some spottypes described in the usersguide of limma
(section 4.6). Unfortunately, I dont seem to be able to do this if I
follow the instructions in the guide.

Here is the input and output

 > spottypes<-readSpotTypes()
 > spottypes
          SpotType                     ID Name  Color
1            gene                      *    *  Black
2   Calibration-1  Spot Report Product 1    *    red
3   Calibration-2 Spot Report Product 10    *    red
4   Calibration-3  Spot Report Product 2    *    red
5   Calibration-4  Spot Report Product 3    *    red
6   Calibration-5  Spot Report Product 4    *    red
7   Calibration-6  Spot Report Product 5    *    red
8   Calibration-7  Spot Report Product 6    *    red
9   Calibration-8  Spot Report Product 7    *    red
10  Calibration-9  Spot Report Product 8    *    red
11 Calibration-10  Spot Report Product 9    *    red
12          Empty                  Empty    * yellow
13         Buffer    3XSSC  1.5M Betaine    *   blue
14        No data                No data    *   pink
15      Human Cot            Human Cot 1    *  green
16      Mouse Cot            Mouse Cot 1    *  green
17        B Actin         B-Human Actin     * purple
18         Poly A                 Poly A    * orange
19   Salmon Sperm           Salmon Sperm    * orange
 > RG$genes$Status<-spotStatus(spottypes)
Error: couldn't find function "spotStatus"

In addition, I dont seem to be able to find any mention of a
"spotStatus" function via search.

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks

Simon.