[BioC] Doubt regarding 'playerout' and 'medianpolish' in affy package

Ben Bolstad bolstad@stat.berkeley.edu
03 Feb 2003 20:47:58 -0800

> I also encountered a similar doubt regarding the
> medianpolish option which I think to be a Tukey's
> biweight procedure. Please guide me about the same.
> Also, is there a way/documentation by which  one can
> understand the logic behind various options ?

Median polish is not the same as Tukeys biweight, the median polish is a
multi array measure based upon fitting a model with probe and chip
effects robustly. You can get  the Tukey Biweight type measure using
summary.method="mas".

Thanks,

Ben