[BioC] Problems installing to HPUX 11.0

Jeff Gentry jgentry@jimmy.harvard.edu
Tue, 4 Feb 2003 13:21:22 -0500 (EST)

Hello Kelly ...

> 1: Installation of package XML had non-zero exit status in:
> installPkg(fileName, pkg, pkgVer, type, lib, repEntry, versForce)

I'll get to this with #3, and proceed directly to #2.

> 2:
>   Package AnnBuilder version 1.0.2 requires package RPgSQL
>   in: resolve.depends(pkgInfo, repEntry, force, searchOptions =
> searchOptions)

This is the easy one.  RPgSQL is not directly available under CRAN
apparently.  You can manually retreive it at:
http://cran.r-project.org/src/contrib/Devel/

> 3: Installation of package rhdf5 had non-zero exit status in:
> installPkg(fileName, pkg, pkgVer, type, lib, repEntry, versForce)
> What can be done to fix these warnings?

The package rhdf5 and the XML package both deal with compilation.  My
suspicion would be that something is not interacting properly with your
compilation environment.

As a test to see if it is getBioC()/reposTools or R in general, please try
this from your R session:

'install.packages("XML")'

and see if that works, and let me know the results.

-J