[BioC] Re: offer from I Neuhaus to create a BMS response; keep in core, please

Todd Richmond todd at nimblegen.com
Tue Jul 1 09:35:17 MEST 2003

That doesn't make a lot of sense. If they are concerned about the
authenticity of "CEL" files can't they just use a digital signature, or some
sort of checksum scheme for verification? I can't imagine that a binary
format is going to make life easier for anyone. If they are concerned about
size, there are standard compression libraries that you can use to
compress/uncompress your data files on-the-fly as you save/load.

Todd

--
Todd Richmond
Manager of Research Informatics