[BioC] First Helps

James Wettenhall wettenhall at wehi.edu.au
Sat Jul 12 15:04:56 MEST 2003

Dear Marcelo,

Have a look at the limma package at
http://bioinf.wehi.edu.au/limma/ (and on the Bioconductor site)
and the marray packages              (on the Bioconductor site)

To access documentation, go to
www.bioconductor.org and click on "Vignettes" (for the marray
pakcages) or see
http://bioinf.wehi.edu.au/limma/library/limma/doc/usersguide.html
for the limma package.

Sandrine Dudoit has some nice PDF slides giving an introduction
to Bioconductor and the marray packages, at :
http://stat-www.berkeley.edu/~sandrine/Docs/Talks/UCBGenomics03.pdf

Also, you can probably find similar introductions on Robert
Gentleman's webpage, Wolfgang Huber's, the Bioconductor website
etc.  Try clicking on "Short Courses" from the bioconductor site
www.bioconductor.org ...

I have no experience with "Macroarrays" as distinct from
"microarrays", but maybe spot-quality weighting is an issue you
might want to look it, e.g. see the read.maimages, wtarea,
wtflags and wtIgnore.Filter functions in the limma package.

I have no experience with "Macroarrays" as distinct from
"microarrays", but maybe spot-quality weighting is an issue you
might want to look it, e.g. see the read.maimages, wtarea,
wtflags and wtIgnore.Filter functions in the limma package.

Regards,
James