[BioC] how to separate probe numbers from AffyIDs?

Jenny Drnevich drnevich at uiuc.edu
Tue Jul 15 12:15:30 MEST 2003

Hello,

I've been using Bioconductor to do the background correction and
normalization of my data, but I want to use the probe values themselves
instead of a summary value for my statistical analyses. I am able to export
the matrix of pm values, but the first column lists the AffyID and probe
number together (e.g., 100_g_at1, 100_g_at2, 100_g_at3, etc.). Is there an
easy way to separate these? I need two columns: one with just the AffyID
(100_g_at) and one with the probe number (1, 2, 3, etc.).  I don't need
these two columns in the pm matrix I export, because I can combine the two
in SAS.

Thanks in advance,
Jenny

Jenny Drnevich, Ph.D.