[BioC] setting up the data acquisition from the chip

De Rinaldis, Emanuele emanuele_derinaldis at merck.com
Wed Jul 30 13:10:04 MEST 2003

Dear all,

I would like to have information on how to set up the data acquisition
process starting from the hibridized chip.

I am using ScanArray express and several parameters have to be settled
(laser gain, laser power, quality criteria etc.). I started with a MWD human
test chip hibridized with a human test sample labeled with Cy5 and Cy3 and
now I am doing the scannning an quantitation tries, in order to adjust the
parameters.

Can anyone advice me a good reference and/or guidelines in order to set
these values in the proper way ?

thanks in advance,
Manuel

Emanuele de Rinaldis
Bioinformatics Group, Chemistry Dpt.
Istituto di Ricerche di Biologia Molecolare P. Angeletti SpA
(part of Merck Basic Research WW Global Sites)
Via Pontina km. 30,600 - 00040 Pomezia  RM, Italy
Tel. 39-06-91093501 - Fax 39-06-91093225

information of Merck & Co., Inc. (Whitehouse Station, New Jersey, USA), and/or
its affiliates (which may be known outside the United States as Merck Frosst,
Merck Sharp & Dohme or MSD) that may be confidential, proprietary copyrighted
and/or legally privileged, and is intended solely for the use of the
individual or entity named on this message.  If you are not the intended
recipient, and have received this message in error, please immediately return
this by e-mail and then delete it.