[BioC] question abour background subtraction in RMA

mai98ftu at studserv.uni-leipzig.de mai98ftu at studserv.uni-leipzig.de
Fri Jun 13 16:26:22 MEST 2003

> What does the word adhoc means?

Citing http://www.m-w.com/home.htm:

  Main Entry: (1) ad hoc
  Function: adverb
  Etymology: Latin, for this
  : for the particular end or case at hand without consideration of wider
application

  Main Entry: (2) ad hoc
  Function: adjective
  1 a : concerned with a particular end or purpose <an ad hoc investigating
committee>
  1 b : formed or used for specific or immediate problems or needs <ad hoc
solutions>
  2 : fashioned from whatever is immediately available : IMPROVISED <large ad
hoc parades and demonstrations -- Nat Hentoff>

> Can someone explain me the way these parameters are estimated?

You can type the function name (without parentheses) to get the source code,
simply type: bg.correct.rma, bg.adjust, and bg.parameters respectively.

Hope that helps?

Best regard,
Johannes