[BioC] the result of bioconductor not agree with MAS

Ben Bolstad bolstad at stat.berkeley.edu
Thu Mar 6 08:48:17 MET 2003

Hi Lang Chen (and to anyone else this is an issue for),

We have made our best attempts to duplicate the MAS 5.0 algorithm using
available documentation. As you might appreciate, sometimes algorithms
are not as fully documented as one might hope and it is possible that
there are implementation details that Affymetrix uses that are not in
the documentation.

It would be helpful if you could tell us what the level of disagreement
is.

Also it would be most useful to let us know the exact function call you
used to generate your ExprSet to make sure you are really doing what you
think that you are doing.

Thanks,

Ben