[BioC] Questions on getting information from affy's CEL, CDF or 1lq file s

Wang, Hui Hui_Wang at affymetrix.com
Wed Mar 12 21:26:27 MET 2003

Dear Laurent,

Thanks for the email. I got the problem solved with help from Wolfgang. It
works great. I am getting more familiar with the packages now. Some the docs
are a little bit confusing, but still pretty good.  If somebody could put
together a tutorial, that would be even better. I like these packages very
much and will continue to explore.

I am posting the response from Wolfgang in this list in case somebody else
has similar questions.

 Best regards
-hui
On Wed, 12 Mar 2003, Wang, Hui wrote:
> Dear Wolfgang,
> Thanks for your reply. I tried as you suggested. I sucessfully made
> the cdf file. However, I could not find "testcdf" package on the web
> site. I still get errors.

With "make.cdf.package", you actually make your own package! I suggested
you call it "testcdf" since that what seems that be mentioned in your cel
file (from your earlier post).

Now there is one catch: makeing packages is easy on a linux/unix system,
but requires some additional installation of tools under windows. So, if
you use windows, it depends how serious you are about using R.

If you are you using windows, you may just want yo use the "make.cdf.env"
function from the makecdfenv package, for example:

 res = make.cdf.env("my.cdf",  cdf.path="C:/temp")
 testcdf = res$env

This will create an environemt (=hastable) in your current workspace and
ReadAffy should work with this. Please make sure to give it the proper
name as mentioned in the CEL files.

Best
   Wolfgang

	[[alternate HTML version deleted]]