[BioC] P calls

Stephen Henderson s.henderson at ucl.ac.uk
Tue Mar 18 11:17:05 MET 2003

I agree. I was really trying to elicit advice on an alternative. The funny
thing about the MM probes is that if they just removed them Affy could
produce a single chip with U133A and B genes, and we could all use a PM only
algorithm. BUT then they wouldn't get double the money off some labs.

For practical purposes however I still need to filter some data-- for
computer intensive clustering or learning. So as I said to R. Irizarry
below, I'm not sure whether to try and do this looking at the probe-set
level or at the expression summary level.

For instance
If not a test of difference from the mean of the specific MM (robust or
whatever), why not a test of difference from all local MM values in that
sector, or a lower quantile thereof?

Stephen