[BioC] Problem with VSN package AGAIN

Robert Gentleman rgentlem at jimmy.harvard.edu
Thu May 1 13:07:10 MEST 2003

Hi,
 thanks for the bug report -- there were actually two bugs, one in vsn
 and one in R. The vsn one has been fixed and the new version should
 start to propagate. The R bug has also been fixed and that too will
 gradually work its way out.

  Robert

On Wed, Apr 30, 2003 at 08:39:01AM -0700, Mahbub Latif wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to use vsn package for analysing my data.
> To show what I am facing I consider the following
> example which one can reproduce.
>

> >set.seed(123)
> >cy3 <- matrix(rnorm(30,5,1),nrow=10)
>
> >set.seed(222)
> >cy5 <- matrix(rnorm(30,2,2), nrow=10)
>
> >cy <- cbind(cy3, cy5)
>
> >library(vsn)
>
> Funny things are happenning. After loading vsn package
> (library(vsn)) I cannot use some functions such as
> summary. For example,
>
> > summary(cy3)
> Segmentation fault
>
> or
>
> >cy1 <- data.frame(cy)
> >cy1
> Segmentation fault
>
> and R terminated. But the same function work peoperly
> before loading vsn package. Some other functions I
> have cheked do not work after loading vsn package such
> as plot functions of lattice package.
>
> It would be great if someone help me on this. Before
> (when I sent my previous request) I thought this
> happen only to lymphoma data but now I found loading
> vsn package affects some R base functions.
>
> >version
> platform i686-pc-linux-gnu
> arch     i686
> os       linux-gnu
> system   i686, linux-gnu
> status
> major    1
> minor    7.0
> year     2003
> month    04
> day      16
> language R

| Robert Gentleman                 phone : (617) 632-5250                   |
| Associate Professor              fax:   (617)  632-2444                   |
| Department of Biostatistics      office: M1B20                            |
| Harvard School of Public Health  email: rgentlem at jimmy.harvard.edu        |