[BioC] vignette feedback - HowTo: Automated Querying of PubMed Data

Lynn Young lynny at helix.nih.gov
Thu May 1 12:52:28 MEST 2003

Dear Sir:

Thank you for this R tool.  As I sometimes have a developer role, I
though I would give you some feedback.

 I recently installed BioConductor using
source("http://www.bioconductor.org/getBioC.R") and getBioC(libName =
"all").  Although I was suscessful in completing the vignette, "HowTo:
 Automated Querying of PubMed Data", I spent quite a bit of time on the
step "library(hgu95a)"

First I got the no package error, so I tried hgu95av2 with the same
result.  Next I tried getBioC(libName = "hgu95av2") and got the error
that the library is not valid.  Finally I download the tar.gz file to my
disk and installed it using the R command.

I guess that hgu95a is no longer available, and probably its absence
affects only tens of genes.

Sincerely,
Lynn

--
Lynn Young * National Institutes of Health, USA
CIT, MSC 5620; Bethesda, Maryland 20892-5620
E-mail: lynny at helix.nih.gov