[BioC] Error while installing bioconductor on Unix machine

Tapan Mehta tapmehta at yahoo.com
Wed May 7 20:09:19 MEST 2003

Hello,

I am trying to run microarray data this time on Unix
machine because it has  1 GB RAM. However I am getting
this error when I am trying to run the getBioC()
function.

 getBioC(libName="all")

Running getBioC version 1.2.29....
If you encounter problems, first make sure that
you are running the latest version of getBioC()
which can be found at: www.bioconductor.org/getBioC.R

Please direct any concerns or questions to
bioconductor at stat.math.ethz.ch.

[1] "Installing reposTools ..."
/opt/statgen/R-1.6.1/bin/R: sh: not found
Error in upDatePkgs(relLevel, PLATFORM, destdir,
method = method) :
        Failed to install package Biobase

It would be really helpful if  somebody could help me
in how to approach this problem.

Regards,

Tapan Mehta