[BioC] Error while installing bioconductor on Unix machine

Jeff Gentry jgentry at jimmy.harvard.edu
Thu May 8 11:56:54 MEST 2003

> [1] "Installing reposTools ..."
> /opt/statgen/R-1.6.1/bin/R: sh: not found
> Error in upDatePkgs(relLevel, PLATFORM, destdir,
> method = method) :
>         Failed to install package Biobase

This to me looks like your R install is somehow
broken.  getBioC() uses this to install the first few packages (in Unix):
        cmd <- paste(file.path(R.home(), "bin", "R"),
                     "CMD INSTALL", fileName)
        system(cmd)

Can you do this manually?  IE /opt/statgen/R-1.6.1/bin/R CMD INSTALL XXX
where XXX is a source package?