[BioC] data() function problem

John Zhang jzhang at jimmy.harvard.edu
Thu May 8 11:32:42 MEST 2003

>I try to run example of genefilter and the data() has following error
>Error: bad restore file magic number (file may be corrupted)-- no data loaded

Can you be more specific on what example you were running on what data set?

>it works fine with sample data set 'eset', therefore, it clearly needs to some
how change my data format.
>My data format is
>probe		exp1		exp2	...
>1037_at		23		34	...

Were you using data() to read your own data set? data() works like this:

        1.  files ending `.R' or `.r' are `source()'d in, with the R
            working directory changed temporarily to the directory
            containing the respective file.

        2.  files ending `.RData' or `.rda' are `load()'ed.

        3.  files ending `.tab', `.txt' or `.TXT' are read using
           `read.table(..., header = TRUE)', and hence result in a data
           frame.

        4.  files ending `.csv' or `.CSV' are read using
           `read.table(..., header = TRUE, sep = ";")', and also result
           in a data frame.

Do you have the correct extension?