[BioC] Two way ANOVA with bioconductor.

A.J. Rossini rossini at blindglobe.net
Tue May 27 07:56:05 MEST 2003

"Alex F. Bokov" <yjih74b02 at sneakemail.com> writes:

> I've got a quick newbie question-- if I'm trying to do two-way ANOVA
> on a microarray experiment (with a few missing spots) which packages
> should I install?

It would be good to be clear -- ANOVA at the gene level, or are you
thinking of mixing in experiment-level parameters?   For the former,
Biobase would suffice, though other packages (limma, nlme) might be
useful as well.  This assumes that you've already got normalized data
(or else you'd need the appropriate packages)

> Can Bioconductor do empirical null distributions for the ANOVA F statistic?

R can.  See "?pf" for a function computing the distribution of the F
statistic.

best,
-tony

---
A.J. Rossini  /  rossini at u.washington.edu  /  rossini at scharp.org
Biomedical/Health Informatics and Biostatistics, University of Washington.
Biostatistics, HVTN/SCHARP, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center.
FHCRC: 206-667-7025 (fax=4812)|Voicemail is pretty sketchy/use Email

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message and any attachments ... {{dropped}}