[BioC] R

Lukas Jeker lukas.jeker at stud.unibas.ch
Thu May 29 21:55:21 MEST 2003

Hi
I am interested in using Bioconductor to analyze GeneChip experiments.
However, my attempts to install it have not been very fruitful so far.
I have downloaded the latest R version 1.7.0 and it works ok. (I am
using OS X 10.2.6) Being an absolute beginner with R  I am already
happy that I could run the demos. I did not succeed to install
Bioconductor though. If I use the install script, I get the message,
that my R version is not configured to allow http connections. Browsing
FAQs on the R homepage, I found the information that this function is
not available yet. Is that true? In other words, can I configure my R
to allow internet connectivity and then install bioconductor somehow or
do I have to wait for a next release of R that will include internet
connectivity?
thanx for your advice
lukas

Lukas  Jeker