[BioC] recipe for installing and using Bioconductor with Mac OS X 10.3 and R GUI 1.9

Marc Salit salit at nist.gov
Thu Apr 15 23:15:34 CEST 2004

Dear Colleagues --

Thanks for the hints, though I'm still stuck. Here's what happens when
I run the R 1.9.0 Beta GUI and go to the Packages menu, and try to
download the affy bundle from the Bioconductor sub-menu:

 > local({source(paste(getOption('BIOC'), 'getBioC.R',sep='/'),
local=TRUE); getBioC('affy', destdir=.libPaths()[1])})
Running getBioC version 1.2.54....
If you encounter problems, first make sure that
you are running the latest version of getBioC()
which can be found at: www.bioconductor.org/getBioC.R

Please direct any concerns or questions to
bioconductor at stat.math.ethz.ch.

[1] "Attempting to download genefilter from
http://www.bioconductor.org/repository/release1.3/package/Source"
[1] "Download complete."
[1] "Installing genefilter"
[1] "Attempting to download multtest from
http://www.bioconductor.org/repository/release1.3/package/Source"
[1] "Download complete."
[1] "Installing multtest"
Note: You did not specify a download type.  Using a default value of:
Source
This will be fine for almost all users

[1] "Attempting to download XML from
http://www.bioconductor.org//CRANrepository"
[1] "Download complete."
[1] "Installing XML"
Note: You did not specify a download type.  Using a default value of:
Source
This will be fine for almost all users

[1] "Attempting to download XML from
http://www.bioconductor.org//CRANrepository"
[1] "Download complete."
[1] "Installing XML"
[1] "Attempting to download MAGEML from
http://www.bioconductor.org/repository/release1.3/package/Source"
[1] "Download complete."
[1] "Installing MAGEML"
[1] "Attempting to download affyPLM from
http://www.bioconductor.org/repository/release1.3/package/Source"
[1] "Download complete."
[1] "Installing affyPLM"
[1] "Attempting to download matchprobes from
http://www.bioconductor.org/repository/release1.3/package/Source"
[1] "Download complete."
[1] "Installing matchprobes"
[1] "Attempting to download makecdfenv from
http://www.bioconductor.org/repository/release1.3/package/Source"
[1] "Download complete."
[1] "Installing makecdfenv"
 From URL:
http://www.bioconductor.org/repository/release1.3/package/Source
	genefilter version 1.3.1
	multtest version 1.3.7
	MAGEML version 1.0.6
	affyPLM version 1.0.0
	matchprobes version 1.0.0
	makecdfenv version 1.4.1

 From URL:  http://www.bioconductor.org//CRANrepository
	XML version 0.95-6
	XML version 0.95-6

Warning messages:
1: 'package.description' is deprecated.
Use 'packageDescription' instead.
See help("Deprecated")
2: 'package.description' is deprecated.
Use 'packageDescription' instead.
See help("Deprecated")
3: Installation of package genefilter had non-zero exit status in:
installPkg(fileName, pkg, pkgVer, type, lib, repEntry, versForce)
4: Installation of package multtest had non-zero exit status in:
installPkg(fileName, pkg, pkgVer, type, lib, repEntry, versForce)
5: Installation of package XML had non-zero exit status in:
installPkg(fileName, pkg, pkgVer, type, lib, repEntry, versForce)
6: Installation of package XML had non-zero exit status in:
installPkg(fileName, pkg, pkgVer, type, lib, repEntry, versForce)
7: Installation of package MAGEML had non-zero exit status in:
installPkg(fileName, pkg, pkgVer, type, lib, repEntry, versForce)
8: Installation of package affyPLM had non-zero exit status in:
installPkg(fileName, pkg, pkgVer, type, lib, repEntry, versForce)
9: Installation of package matchprobes had non-zero exit status in:
installPkg(fileName, pkg, pkgVer, type, lib, repEntry, versForce)
10: Installation of package makecdfenv had non-zero exit status in:
installPkg(fileName, pkg, pkgVer, type, lib, repEntry, versForce)
 > library(affy)
Error: package affy was built for  powerpc-apple-darwin7.2.0

Any ideas???

Thanks in advance,
Marc Salit

--