[BioC] CDF environment for U133_X3P

James MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Wed Apr 21 15:16:56 CEST 2004

Hi Holger,

I just made the cdf environment for this chip, and it should be posted on the BioC website within the next few days. It only took maybe five minutes to run make.cdf.env(), and then maybe two minutes to compile the binary. However, this cdf is huge (seems to be much larger than the U133_Plus_2), so I doubt that 512 Mb RAM is going to be enough.

Best,

Jim

James W. MacDonald
Affymetrix and cDNA Microarray Core
University of Michigan Cancer Center
1500 E. Medical Center Drive
7410 CCGC
Ann Arbor MI 48109
734-647-5623

>>> "Holger Schwender" <holger.schw at gmx.de> 04/21/04 09:03AM >>>
Hi,

yesterday I've started to make a cdf environment for the U133_X3P chip.
Unfortunately, I had to stop the process after several hours for some
reasons. Before I will start to run make.cdf.env() again, I would like to
ask you if anyone of you has made such an U133_X3P environment. Another
question I have is how long it approximately takes to make such an
environment (on, e.g., a computer with 2GHz and 512 MB RAM). I was told that
this chip is comparable with the Human Genome U133 Plus 2.0 Array.

Thanks a lot,
Holger

--

Ab sofort DSL-Tarif ohne Grundgebühr: http://www.gmx.net/dsl