[BioC] Regarding Phenodata and MAIME data

James MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Wed Jun 9 16:39:18 CEST 2004

You don't need either phenoData or MIAME information in order to analyze
your data. These things are simply useful information that you *could*
use for analysis (in the case of phenoData), or for data reporting (in
the case of MIAME). Neither is strictly necessary. In fact, I personally
have yet to use either.

HTH,

Jim

James W. MacDonald
Affymetrix and cDNA Microarray Core
University of Michigan Cancer Center
1500 E. Medical Center Drive
7410 CCGC
Ann Arbor MI 48109
734-647-5623

>>> SAURIN <saurin_jani at yahoo.com> 06/09/04 10:27AM >>>
Dear Bioconductor,

I have CEL files ONLY, no other files I have.
how should I read phenodata or MAIME information from there. Do i need
Phenodata.txt/MAIME.txt for
Microarray analysis or make one or where can i get it?

Presently I am doing:

my.filenames <- list.files(,"CEL");
f <- as.matrix(my.filenames);
n <- nrow(f); # to get number of files in my list make use for furthere
analysis

my.pheno <- read.phenoData(sampleNames = my.filenames);
abatch <- ReadAffy(filenames = my.filenames,phenoData = my.pheno);

I am student at University of New Haven,CT and I am doing Microarray
analysis  by myself.

I highly appreciate your reply,

Saurin Jani