[BioC] maBoxplot in v1.4

Jeff Gentry jgentry at jimmy.harvard.edu
Thu May 27 23:54:38 CEST 2004

> (1) The default packages downloaded by BioC() do not include "marray"

You should be getting 'marray' by default.  It is part of the 'cdna'
bundle in getBioC which is itself part of the default.

> (2) Default packages DO include "marrayInput" & "marrayPlots"

Right, there were a couple of package maintainers who did not update their
dependencies properly.  The marrayInput and marrayPlots packages are not
directly being downloaded and installed but gotten as part of the
dependency checking for these other packages.

> (3) The warning messages I get without downloading "marray" are as follows:
> > library(marrayInput)
> Welcome to Bioconductor
>          Vignettes contain introductory material.  To view,
>          simply type: openVignette()
>          For details on reading vignettes, see
>          the openVignette help page.
> > library(marrayPlots)
> Warning message:
> package 'modreg' has been merged into 'stats'

Wait, are you downloading release 1.4 packages or 1.3 packages?