[BioC] Install of 1.5 Packages fails

Robert Gentleman rgentlem at jimmy.harvard.edu
Tue Nov 2 22:43:36 CET 2004

On Tue, Nov 02, 2004 at 01:21:22PM -0800, Thomas Girke wrote:
> I am experiencing some problems installing the new Bioconductor Package Release 1.5
> under R-2.0.0 on a Linux Debian machine. Below are my commands and the error summary.
> As a result, none of the packages that I need are working under R-2.0.0.
> Any help with this would be highly appreciated.
>
> > source("http://www.bioconductor.org/getBioC.R")
> > getBioC()
>  	Running getBioC version 1.2.68....
> 	.............stuff................
> 	You have downloaded a default set of packages.
> 	If you wish to see other download options, please go to the URL:
> 	http://www.bioconductor.org/faq.html#getBioC
> 	Warning messages:
> 	1: Installation of package affyPLM had non-zero exit status in:
> 	installPkg(fileName, pkg, pkgVer, type, lib, repEntry, versForce)

 try just install one of these individually,
 something like:

  library(reposTools)
  install.packages2("affyPLM")

  and see what the output of that is. In particular it should give you
  some hints about the problem - fix these, and repeat for the other
  packages.

  Robert

> 	2: Installation of package annaffy had non-zero exit status in:
> 	installPkg(fileName, pkg, pkgVer, type, lib, repEntry,
> 			versForce)
> 	3: Installation of package genefilter had non-zero exit status
> 	in: installPkg(fileName, pkg, pkgVer, type, lib, repEntry,
> 			versForce)
> 	4: Installation of package edd had non-zero exit status in:
> 	installPkg(fileName, pkg, pkgVer, type, lib, repEntry,
> 			versForce)
> 	5: Installation of package marray had non-zero exit status in:
> 	installPkg(fileName, pkg, pkgVer, type, lib, repEntry,
> 			versForce)
>

> --
> Thomas Girke
> 108 Noel T. Keen Hall
> University of California
> Riverside, CA 92521
>
> E-mail: thomas.girke at ucr.edu
> Website: http://faculty.ucr.edu/~tgirke
> Ph: 951-787-2469
> Fax: 951-787-4437

| Robert Gentleman                 phone : (617) 632-5250                   |
| Associate Professor              fax:   (617)  632-2444                   |
| Department of Biostatistics      office: M1B20                            |
| Harvard School of Public Health  email: rgentlem at jimmy.harvard.edu        |