[BioC] Problem with limma gui and sma

James MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Sun Nov 14 22:16:38 CET 2004

install.packages("sma")

James W. MacDonald
Affymetrix and cDNA Microarray Core
University of Michigan Cancer Center
1500 E. Medical Center Drive
7410 CCGC
Ann Arbor MI 48109
734-647-5623
>>> Teresa Casals <teresacasals at yahoo.es> 11/14/04 12:27 PM >>>
Hello,

I have installed limma GUI and I'm trying to repeat
some analysis that I did before with limma.
When I try to Normalize Within arrays using the
composite method (I have control spots called
"control" in the Spot types file) I receive the
message:
"Error in library, character only=TRUE, logical=TRUE,
warn.conflicts=warn.conflicts, : 'sma' is not a valid
package--installed < 2.0.0?"

To be sure that this problem is not due to my data I
have followed the swirl tutorial, and whenever I try
to use "Within slides normalization" I obtain the same
message.

Assuming that the problem may be due to an outdated
'sma' version I have looked for the new one in
Bioconductor's web but I have been unable to find it

Any ideas?

Thanks

Teresa Casals