[BioC] Cannot install Bioconductor

Seth Falcon sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Thu Apr 14 15:52:22 CEST 2005

Hi Jonathan,

Jonathan Arthur <jarthur at med.usyd.edu.au> writes:
> I am having great difficulties getting Bioconductor installed.

Sorry the hear that.  From the error messages you report, a better
characterization might be that you are having trouble getting R to
talk to the internet given your proxy setup.

> using the automatic proxy configuration URL, I use for my browser but
> get the same error as above.

Have you looked over the help for download.file?  That is where the
documentation about proxy setup lives.  You might also want to direct
a question over at R help where there are likely to be more users with
experience setting up HTTP proxies with R.

+ seth