[BioC] Evaluating differentiall expressed genes

Thu Dec 8 04:58:55 CET 2005

On Dec 7, 2005, at 3:17 PM, Tim Smith wrote:

> Thanks for the replies Sean and Naomi. I feel I'm on the right track.
>
>   I did the following:
>

>     sam.out <- sam(zz, ncl, method = "d.stat", delta = NULL,
> n.delta = 10, p0 = NA,
>   lambda = seq(0, 0.95, 0.05), ncs.value = "max", ncs.weights = NULL,
>   gene.names = dimnames(zz)[[1]])
>

>   sam.sum <-summary(sam.out,2,ll=FALSE)
>

>   Now, I wanted to get to the d-value matrix. The documentation
> says that I can get this by the line:
>
>          # The matrix containing the d-values, q-values etc. of the
>        # differentially expressed genes can be obtained by
>

>   sam.outATmat.sig     # sam.out at mat.sig
>
>   but when I do this, I get :
>
>   Error: no slot of name "mat.sig" for this object of class "SAM"
>
>   How can I access the matrix to get at the underlying d-values
> etc..??
>
>   many thanks.

Without going into too much detail, in R you have S3 objects and S4
objects. You use $ for S3 objects and @ for S4 objects. Valid names
may be found by names(object) for S3 objects and slotNames(object)
for S4 objects.

Kasper