[BioC] problem with loading affyQCReport

Seth Falcon sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Wed Dec 14 15:51:47 CET 2005

Hi Tuomas,

On 14 Dec 2005, tuomas.raitila at helsinki.fi wrote:
> Hello
>
> I'm having some trouble with loading affyQCReport package. I'm using
> RGui
> 2.2.0 (windows). The error message I got looks like this:
>
>> library(affyQCReport)
> Error in lazyLoadDBfetch(key, datafile, compressed, envhook) :
> ReadItem: unknown type 241
> In addition: Warning message:
> package 'simpleaffy' was built under R version 2.3.0
> Error in .getGeneric(f, as.environment(where)) :
> recursive default argument reference
>>

> At first I accidentally downloaded affyQCReport from BioC 1.8 Devel
> source which gave error message. After this I removed that version
> and installed version from 1.7.

That was a good catch and should have resolved the problem.

> Simpleaffy is 2.4.1 version from 1.7 release. Does anyone know what
> is the problem?

I believe so: Since the release, a few bug fixes have gone into the
simpleaffy package.  It seems that a mistake was made on our end
during the latest update and the package was rebuilt with the wrong
version of R.  We will correct this *today* and repost.

Thanks for the report and sorry for the inconvenience.

+ seth

PS: You are using Windows, right?
PPS: You did read the posting guide:
http://www.bioconductor.org/docs/postingGuide.html