[BioC] get GEO files and generate expression set HOW?

Saurin D. Jani jani at musc.edu
Thu Jan 20 23:25:46 CET 2005

Hi BioC,

I have found readGEOAnn() which provides me below information. HOW can I built
Expression set for GEO files? Has anyone done such thing? Any help will help..!

>gpl96 <- readGEOAnn(GEOAccNum = "GPL96")

>attributes(gpl96)

$dim
[1] 22283    25

$dimnames
$dimnames[[1]]
NULL

$dimnames[[2]]
 [1] "ID"                               "GB_ACC"
 [3] "Sequence Source"                  "UNIGENE"
 [5] "LOCUSLINK"                        "Gene Title"
 [7] "Gene Symbol"                      "Species Scientific Name"
 [9] "Annotation Date"                  "Sequence Type"
[11] "Transcript ID"                    "Target Description"
[13] "Representative Public ID"         "Archival UniGene Cluster"
[15] "Chromosomal Location"             "Ensembl"
[17] "SwissProt"                        "EC"
[19] "OMIM"                             "RefSeq Protein ID"
[21] "RefSeq Transcript ID"             "Gene Ontology Biological Process"
[23] "Gene Ontology Cellular Component" "Gene Ontology Molecular Function"
[25] "SPOT_ID"

Thank you in advance,
Saurin Jani
--