[BioC] PLIER: two questions

Ariel Chernomoretz ariel.chernomoretz at crchul.ulaval.ca
Thu Jul 21 17:37:14 CEST 2005

Hi,
Just a couple of questions about plier

a) With justPlier it is possible to specify as an input vector the replicate
structure of the batch we want to analyze ('replicate' input option).
Can anybody tell me how this information is used by the algorithm? In fact,
can anybody point me to some technical references on how plier works?

b) I found that the 64-bit compiled version of plier  presents some stability
issues (i.e. it crashes). A couple of month ago Adai posted a message
(http://files.protsuggest.org/biocond/html/9034.html)  saying that
he solved a similar (I hope) problem.
So, Adai, Crispin, anybody, could you please point me in the right direction
in order to make plier run under my 64-bit Opteron?

Thank you

Ariel./

--
Ariel Chernomoretz, Ph.D.