[BioC] Windows error messages

Robert Gentleman rgentlem at fhcrc.org
Mon May 16 15:16:58 CEST 2005

Dear Giulio,
   Thanks for information about your computer. What about some
information about the version of R you are running - and perhaps even
some explicit information about the the packages and some examples of
what you did and what happened? sessionInfo will help, it would also
help if you tried to track down the problem a bit - does it always
happen? Only when certain packages are being used? Any of these might
help to figure out what the real problem is - and my own personal guess
is that you have a virus - but that is merely a guess - but certainly
one other thing to look at.

   Also, since this is almost surely an R problem, I suggest that you
move  your question to the r-help mailing list, as it is more
appropriate (at least from this report I see nothing that is specific
to Bioconductor packages) and more widely read. They too will want some
details (like those from sessionInfo).

   Best wishes,
      Robert

| Robert Gentleman              phone: (206) 667-7700

| Head, Program in Computational Biology   fax:  (206) 667-1319   |