[BioC] Re: Sequence alignment for DNA sequences (John Zhang)

A.J. Rossini blindglobe at gmail.com
Wed May 18 14:04:58 CEST 2005

Sure, and MEGA is a wonderful alignment tool, though last time I used
it, 3+ years ago, it wasn't scriptable.

I'd prefer reuse rather than reinvention, but there is a good deal to
be gained from leveraging some of the statistically oriented tools
(and overall systems biology integration that is happening in R).

With respect to RSperl, we'd have to write data converters.  Might be
possible, but the right approach would be to start with the BioStrings
package and flesh it out for activities.

A fun activity, but unfortunately far removed from my current day job.

best,
-tony