[BioC] Access to bioconductor.org

Seth Falcon sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Wed Aug 8 01:51:03 CEST 2007

Kasper Daniel Hansen <khansen at stat.berkeley.edu> writes:

> On Aug 7, 2007, at 10:40 AM, pingou wrote:
>

>> PS. Am I the only one to have to click on reply to all to reply
>> also on
>> the mailing list ? (just reply do not reply to the mailing list but
>> only
>> to the one I am replying to, Herve here)
>> Thanks
>
> No you are not.
>
> But some mailing lists I subscribe to operate as you say: there is
> only one reply address: the list. Considering how often people end up
> sending replies off list accidently, perhaps this is something we
> (ahm someone else :) could investigate? Normally I would say that
> this is simply a user error, but we still see it rather often.

If enough people want the default to be reply to list, we could see
about changing it.  I can see the argument that a vast majority of
replies reply on-list and so that should be the default.

However, I have some personal experience with sending personal replies
to lists and so it seems to me that the current setup has some
advantages :-)

+ seth

--
Seth Falcon | Computational Biology | Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
BioC: http://bioconductor.org/