[BioC] Annalyzing replicates in the Agilent chip 4 x44 with limma

Francois Pepin fpepin at cs.mcgill.ca
Mon Jul 16 17:19:09 CEST 2007

Hi Ester,

I do not think this is possible to do with Limma, short of doing a fair
amount of hacking around in limma itself.

In my experience the replicate probes in Agilent arrays behave almost
identically (as opposed to different probes for a same gene). For
simplicity's sake, we just use any one of them as representative. You
could also take the average if you wanted.

In my opinion, unless you see significant variations between those
probes doing more than that would not be worth the effort.

Francois