[BioC] Biological replicates

Ana Conesa aconesa at ochoa.fib.es
Fri Sep 28 00:51:17 CEST 2007

There will be always a difference in expression between biological
replicates. If this is big then you need bigger differences between
conditions to find a signigicant differential expressed gene. It´s
not that this will skew the data a bit, it´s that it will be harder
to find significant changes. Big differences between replicates could
have a technical origin or simply reflect biological variation. If
you do not have technical replicates aswell you cannot tell the
difference.