[BioC] using genomic DNA as universal reference

Naomi Altman naomi at stat.psu.edu
Thu Jun 5 23:18:43 CEST 2008

Actually, I do not think you can determine the suitability of loess
normalization from a summary like this.  You need to look at the MA
plots and see if the expression values are evenly spread around the
central trend.  You might want to use hexbin to do the plots, because
the central trend is usually very dense.

Personally, I do a lot of graphics before doing any analysis of
microarray data.

--Naomi

Associate Professor
University Park, PA 16802-2111